How to get there
- Choose the Text tool . The Text menu appears.
- Select a text block handleA small square which appears on currently "selectable" elements in the score. Handles allow you to select, edit and adjust musical elements in the score..
- Choose Text > Line Spacing.
What it does
Use the Line Spacing dialog box to specify the exact line spacing (single-spaced, double-spaced, or any other spacing) you want Finale to apply to all the text in a text block.
- Automatic: Single (100%) • 1 1/2 (150%) • Double (200%) • Other; ___%. Click Automatic if you want Finale to automatically calculate the line spacing, depending on the font size you selected. If you’re using a very large font in a text block, there will be more space between those lines than in a text block of 10-point text, although you might have specified single line spacing for both cases. Choose Single for single spacing, 1 1/2 if you want the equivalent of 1 1/2 spaces between lines, or Double for double spacing. If you prefer to enter a value for any other amount of spacing, type a number in the percentage text box. For example, a value of 300% results in triple spacing. The
popupmenu automatically changes to Other if a percentage other than 100, 150 or 200 is entered.
- Absolute: EVPUs • Inches • Centimeters • Points • Picas • Spaces. Click Absolute if you want to set your own spacing instead of having Finale calculate it automatically. Choose a measurement unit from the
popupmenu (there are 288 EVPUs per inch), then enter the exact amount of vertical space you want between the lines of your text, measured from one baseline to the next.
- OK • Cancel. Click OK to confirm your line spacing settings and return to the score. Click Cancel to return to the score without changing any line spacing settings.