How to get there
- Choose the Text tool . The Text menu appears.
- Select a text block handleA small square which appears on currently "selectable" elements in the score. Handles allow you to select, edit and adjust musical elements in the score..
- Choose Text > Line Spacing.
What it does
Use the Line Spacing dialog box to specify the exact line spacing (single-spaced, double-spaced, or any other spacing) you want Finale to apply to all the text in a text block.
- Automatic: Single (100%) • 1 1/2 (150%) • Double (200%) • Other; ___%. Click Automatic if you want Finale to automatically calculate the line spacing, depending on the font size you selected. If you’re using a very large font in a text block, there will be more space between those lines than in a text block of 10-point text, although you might have specified single line spacing for both cases. Choose Single for single spacing, 1 1/2 if you want the equivalent of 1 1/2 spaces between lines, or Double for double spacing. If you prefer to enter a value for any other amount of spacing, type a number in the percentage text box. For example, a value of 300% results in triple spacing. The
drop-downmenu automatically changes to Other if a percentage other than 100, 150 or 200 is entered.
- Absolute: EVPUs • Inches • Centimeters • Points • Picas • Spaces. Click Absolute if you want to set your own spacing instead of having Finale calculate it automatically. Choose a measurement unit from the
drop-downmenu (there are 288 EVPUs per inch), then enter the exact amount of vertical space you want between the lines of your text, measured from one baseline to the next.
- OK • Cancel. Click OK to confirm your line spacing settings and return to the score. Click Cancel to return to the score without changing any line spacing settings.