You are here: What is... > Palettes > Edit palette
How to get there
Choose Window > Edit Palette.
What it does
The Edit palette contains buttons that duplicate certain commands in the Edit menu. Choose Window > Edit palette to display or hide the palette.
- Cut. After selecting a region of music with the Selection tool, choose Cut to place the selected music on the clipboard and simultaneously remove the music from the document.
- Copy. After selecting a region of music with the Selection tool, choose Copy to place a duplicate of the selected music on the Clipboard; you are now ready to paste to another place in your document or another Finale document.
- Paste. Choose Paste if you want whatever music you've cut or copied to the Clipboard to paste over (replace) the selected music in the target document (first use the Selection tool to select the destination of the paste).
- Undo. Choose Undo to reverse your changes in backward sequential order.
- Redo. Choose Redo to perform the previous undo action.