How to get there
The Paste Multiple dialog box can be accessed in two ways, either through keyboard shortcuts or menu commands:
- Choose the Selection tool , and select a region of measures.
- CTRL+ALT+click a measure.
- Choose Edit > Cut or Copy (or press
CTRL+C or CTRL+X).
- Highlight the first measure of the desired destination region.
- Choose Edit > Paste Multiple (or press
What it does
When you copy music using the Paste Multiple command, Finale offers you the chance to create multiple copies, placed one after another. For example, if you want a one-measure bass figure to repeat three times, you need only enter it once (in the first measure); then you can use the Selection tool to copy it into the second measure using the Paste Multiple command. This dialog box is displayed, asking how many times you want it copied; for example, enter 3 for Paste Horizontally and click OK. Finale copies the selected measure into measures 2, 3, and 4.
- Paste Horizontally; To the End of the Score. In this text box, enter the number of times you want the selected music copied horizontally (towards the end of the score). If you enter a number higher than 1, Finale places the additional copies after the first copy, on the same set of staves. Choose To the End of the Score to replicate the source material throughout all subsequent measures in the score.
- Paste Vertically; To the Bottom of the Score. In this text box, enter the number of times you want the selected music copied vertically (towards the bottom of the score). If you enter a number higher than 1, Finale places the additional copies beneath the first copy, on subsequent staves of the system. Choose To the Bottom of the Score to replicate the source material throughout all subsequent staves in the score.
- OK • Cancel. Click OK to proceed with, or Cancel to abort, the copying process. You return to the score.