How to get there
- Choose the Page Layout tool . The Page Layout menu appears.
- Choose Page Layout > Insert Blank Pages.
What it does
This dialog box provides a quick, easy way for you to add blank pages at any point in your score. Blank pages contain no music. When you insert blank pages, any items such as titles or text blocks that were assigned to that particular page will be shifted to the next page.
- Insert __ Blank Page(s). Enter the number of blank pages you want to add to the piece.
- In: Current Part or Score • Selected Parts/Score • All Parts • All Parts and Score; Select. Choose Current Part or Score to apply changes to the score or part that is currently active in the document window. Choose Selected Parts/Score and click Select to open the Select Parts/Score dialog box where you can choose to apply changes to any combination of the score and/or parts. Choose All parts to apply changes to all parts and All Parts and Score to apply changes to the full project - all parts and the score.
- Before Page • After Page • At End of Document. Select Before Page and enter a page number to insert blank pages before the specified page, select After Page and enter a page number to insert pages after the specified page, or select At End of Document to add pages at the end of the piece.
Tip: When you’re working with Facing Pages with different left and right page margins, inserting two pages at a time will maintain the correct margins.
- OK • Cancel. Click OK to insert blank pages into the score, or click Cancel to return to the score without inserting blank pages.