How to get there
Choose Window > Advanced Tools Palette.Choose the Mirror tool .
- Double-click any measure that contains notes. The Placeholder dialog box appears, letting you specify how many "blank" beats you want (for use in creating a pickup measure).
- Make a selection and click OK.
What it does
If your piece has more than one staff, Finale is asking whether the pickup measure only occurs in the staff you clicked, or in all staves.
- Change This Staff Only. Click this button if you want the "placeholder" beats (invisible beats at the beginning of a pickup measure) to occur only in the staff you clicked.
- Change All Staves. Click this button if you want the "placeholder" beats to occur in every staff.
- OK • Cancel. Click OK to confirm, or Cancel to discard your set placeholder selection.