How to get there
Choose Window > Advanced Tools Palette.Choose the Mirror tool and double-click an empty measure; the Tilting Mirror dialog box appears.
- Assemble a composite mirror by clicking the arrow buttons to maneuver your "window" from measure to measure in the score, dragging the dotted-line "cut bar" handlesA small square which appears on currently "selectable" elements in the score. Handles allow you to select, edit and adjust musical elements in the score. inward to enclose the desired notes, clicking Next, and saving your changes; repeat this process as needed.
- Click OK, then click Rebeam, then click Rebeam to Beam Chart.
- If a mirror already exists in the score, SHIFT+click it; the Mirror Attributes dialog box appears. Click Rebeam, then click Rebeam to Beam Chart.
What it does
Using the cut bars as described above, you can assemble a measure composed of notes copied from other measures in the score. The resultant measure is a composite mirror, whose notes are dynamically linked to the "real" notes from which they were copied. Because you build a composite mirror by combining material from other measures, the beaming of eighth notes (and smaller values) may not be correct. The Beaming Chart dialog box lets you specify the beaming in a composite mirror.
- Beaming Chart for Frame (#). This beaming window displays a handleA small square which appears on currently "selectable" elements in the score. Handles allow you to select, edit and adjust musical elements in the score. for each eighth note (or smaller value). You break a beam between one note and another by clicking the handle of the second note. Any notes whose handles you haven’t selected will be beamed together. (If you want all notes beamed together, select the first handle in the measure.)
- OK • Cancel. Click OK to confirm the rebeaming you’ve done and return to the Mirror Attributes dialog box. Click Cancel to tell Finale to ignore any changes you made in this dialog box, leave the beaming as it was, and return you to the Mirror Attributes dialog box.