You can copy any musical element from one
passage to another. In this discussion, the source measures are those
that now contain the marking, and the target measures are those to which
you want to copy them.
- Click the Selection tool .
- Choose Edit > Edit Filter.
The Edit Filter dialog box appears.
- Select Expressions and click OK. There are two Expression check boxes. If you choose Tempo Marks, Tempo Alterations, & Rehearsal Marks, the source region will need to be a full measure stack.
- Select the source measures. See Selecting music for some selecting shortcuts.
- Drag the first source measure so that it’s
superimposed on the first target measure. If the first target measure
is offscreen, scroll to it; then, while pressing CTRL, click
it. Alternatively, you can use the clipboard to copy (CTRLC, then CTRLV, see Copying Music).
Note. when you are
done copying expressions, open the Edit Filter dialog box again and
click "All" if you want Finale to copy everything as you
continue to edit your score. The configuration of the Edit Filter dialog
box remains until edited manually, even after closing and restarting Finale.