How to get there
- Choose the Staff tool . The Staff menu appears.
- Choose Staff > Define Staff Styles.
Or, with the Staff tool selected, right-click a region and select Define Staff Styles from the contextual menu.
What it does
Use the Staff Styles dialog box to create, edit, and delete various sets of staff attributes that can be applied to sections of the staff. You can use Staff Styles to set up cutaway scores, partial measure alternate notation, and other items.
- Available Styles. This
dropdownmenu contains all the currently available Staff Styles. Select a Staff Style from the list to edit or delete. You can also navigate the dropdownmenu using the arrows next to the list. You can edit the name of the Staff Style within this dropdownmenu.
- Attributes: Copyable • Display
in context menu. Check Copyable to copy the Staff Style when the measure is copied with the Selection tool . Check Display in context menuto have the Staff Style listed when you right-click a region with the Staff tool .
- New • Delete. Select New to create a Staff Style. Select Delete to remove the selected Staff Style.
- Full Staff Name • Edit • Position; Abbr. Staff Name • Edit • Position. The full and abbreviated names you enter for the staff appear in a regular text font. Click Edit to display the Edit Text dialog box, where you can enter or edit the full or abbreviated staff name and set fonts and text styles. This is similar to the equivalent settings in the ScoreManager, but for name changes required mid-score. Click Position to open the Position Full Staff Name or Position Abbreviated Staff Name dialog box. Use this dialog box to set the global position for staff names in your score.
- Behaviors • Independent Elements • Appearance. The remaining settings are the same as in the Staff Attributes dialog box except that these settings allow you to select, deselect, or leave the option as is so that whatever setting is already used remains unchanged. The
dropdownmenus have an additional (no change )setting as well.
• Cancel. Click OK (or press ENTER) to confirm, or Cancel to discard, the changes you’ve made and return to the score.
Tip: To apply a Staff Style, select a region and choose Staff > Apply Staff Style To > Score and Parts or Current Part/Score.