How to get there
Choose MIDI/Audio >
What it does
With this dialog box, you can load
Noteman says: To automatically restore playback sounds based on your Sound Map priority, choose MIDI/Audio > Reassign Playback Sounds.
Finale generally assigns sounds to instruments automatically, assigning the included ARIA Player or SmartMusic SoftSynth to banks with the corresponding instrument sounds. For example, when you add or change an instrument in the ScoreManager, Finale loads the necessary banks and instrument sounds (according to the priority of Sound Maps in the Sound Map Priority dialog box). When you make manual changes to banks or sounds in the
- Bank (Fin. Ch.) • Instrument • Edit. Each one of these
dropdownmenus displays all the sound libraries installed on your computer. The ARIA Player is included with Finale, which is used to load the included Garritan sounds. Click the adjacent button to open the selected player where you can add instruments and make other changes. The numbers to the left of each dropdownmenu indicate the Finale Channels included in each bank. Finale offers 8 Banks of 16 Channels each for a total of 128 Channels.
- Effects. Each one of these
dropdownmenus displays the VSTeffects installed on your computer. Click the adjacent button to open the selected effect's interface and make changes. To reset the effect, use the Effects dropdownmenu to select --- and reselect the effect.
- Bypass. Check this box to temporarily omit the corresponding effect.
- Volume • Clip. This volume slider applies to the volume of the selected bank of channels and their selected
VSTselection and effect(s). Finale illuminates the Clip indicator if clipping is detected. Clipping is detected if the signal goes beyond the bounds of a standard range. Click the clip indicator light to reset it.
- Master Effects • Master Volume. Use these options to apply effects and volume to the master mix. Changes to this section apply to all banks.
- Close. Click Close to apply your settings.