How to get there
- Choose MIDI/Audio > Device Setup > Audio Setup.
- Click the Device Error Log button.
What it does
Noteman says: If you are running into issues with Finale's performance and see events listed in the Device Error Log dialog box, contact and provide this information to the MakeMusic Customer Support Team.
This option captures information when an audio device causes Finale to freeze or crash on startup or when selecting a new audio device. The audio device is automatically identified, logged, and the Audio Initialization Notification dialog box appears. The information logged includes the current audio driver selected, date, time, type of error, and the input and output devices at the time.
- [Date and Time]. This is the date and time of the error.
- [Error]. This is a description of the type of error.
- [InputDevice]. This is the Mic Source listed in the Audio Setup dialog box at the time of the error.
- [OutputDevice]. This is the Output Source listed in the Audio Setup dialog box at the time of the error.
- Done. Click Done to close this dialog box and return to the Audio Setup dialog box.