Use these options to configure audio, MIDIMIDI is a standardized protocol by which music applications, computers and MIDI instruments talk to each other., and
- Audio Setup. Choose this command to display the Audio Setup dialog box, where you can set up options for input and output audio devices.
- Rescan for
AUPlug-ins. Choose this command to rescan your plug-in director yfor any new Audio Unitsplug-ins. (For example, if a plug-in was added to the directory after Finale was last launched.)
/Internal SpeakerSetup. Choose this command to display the MIDI Setup dialog box, where you can adjust various settings concerning your MIDI interface input and output setup.
- MIDI Thru. Choose this command to display the MIDI Thru dialog box, where you can specify whether MIDI thruMIDI Thru is the MIDI configuration whereby you play MIDI notes (or another controller) on a MIDI device, the MIDI signal travels to your computer, and the computer, in turn, sends the signal to a second MIDI output device—the one that actually produces the sound. is used and how it works. When a check appears next to the command, MIDI thru is in use. Use MIDI thru if you prefer to use one keyboard as a controller and another device as the sound source.
- Tablature MIDI Channels. Choose this command to display the Tablature MIDI Channels dialog box, where you can select a channel for each string of a MIDI guitar.
- Edit Percussion MIDI Maps. Choose this command to open the Percussion MIDI Map Editor dialog box, where you can assign your own MIDI notes to percussion instruments for both input and playback. See Percussion MIDI Maps.
- Open Mac OS Audio MIDI Setup. Choose this command to open your Mac's Audio MIDI Setup utility, where you can configuration external speakers or set up MIDI devices connected to your computer. See Set up a MIDI keyboard.
- Transpose MIDI On Input. Choose this option to transpose MIDI input with Simple, Speedy, and HyperScribe when entering notes for a transposed instrument.
- Reset ReWire. Choose this option to clear Finale's ReWire state and restart the program if your ReWire host crashes.