How to get there
- Choose MIDI/Audio > Play Finale Through MIDI.
- Choose Window > ScoreManager.
- Click the drop-down arrows in a slot under the Sound column and choose Edit Patch.
- Choose the MIDI tool . The MIDI Tool menu appears.
- Select a region of measures. If you’re in the MIDI
Tool dialog box, select the region you want to affect by dragging through the "graph" display area or by selecting the handles of individual notes whose MIDI data you want to edit.
- Choose MIDI Tool > Continuous Data.
- Choose Patch Changes and click OK.
- Choose MIDI Tool > Set To.
What it does
This dialog box’s function is to allow you to set the patchParticular instrument sounds within a MIDI channel. Consists of a simple program change or a combination of bank and program changes. values of the selected region.
- Patch • Bank Select 0 • Bank Select 32 • Program Change • General MIDI. To enter bank and program change data from the MIDI tool, follow the procedure for entering simple patch changes, then enter the program change and bank select values into the Set Patch To dialog box that appears. You can also select the instrument you want from the General MIDI drop down list to automatically set up the Bank Selects and Program Change required.
- OK • Cancel. Click OK to confirm, or Cancel to discard, the MIDI data changes you’ve specified. You return to the MIDI
Tool dialog box(or the score).