How to get there
- Choose the MIDI tool . The MIDI Tool menu appears.
- Choose MIDI Tool > Tempo.
- Select a region of music within a staff.
- Choose MIDI Tool > Fit to Time.
What it does
This dialog box displays the start and end time of the selected region of music based on the playback tempo. It allows you to specify a duration for the selected region of music or the elapsed time of the entire score.
This dialog box does not account for tempo changes applied by Human Playback. To eliminate Human Playback’s tempo changes, for Tempo, choose No HP Effect in Human Playback Preferences - MIDI Data.
- New End Time. Here, enter the moment (from the beginning) playback should reach the end of the selected region.
- New Elapsed Time. In this text box, enter the duration for the selected region. Finale adjusts the tempo of the music so that the measures selected fit into the amount of time specified.
- OK • Cancel. Click OK (or press
RETURN) to confirm, or Cancel to discard, the Fit to Time data changes you’ve specified.