There are several considerations to take into account when converting a Finale document to the EPUBEPUB is a free and open standard for distributing content via electronic stores such as iBooks and Google Play. format.
- Prior to exporting in Finale, make sure to fill out the fields under File Info as completely as possible.
- EPUBs are exported from Finale in the EPUB 3.0.1 format with EPUB 2 navigation compatibility for major EPUB readers that still require it.
- In most EPUB readers, the document will display one page at a time when the reader is in portrait orientation and two pages at a time when the reader is in landscape orientation.
- Finale produces a simple table of contents (ToC) and landmark guide that includes only the first page. If you want to provide a more useful ToC and navigation, you can edit the EPUB in an XML editor (such as oXygen) or an EPUB editor (such as Calibre).
- iBooks and other stores require additional material during the publication process, such as price, category, and cover page images.
For more information on the EPUB format, visit its developer, the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF).
To convert a Finale document to a publishable EPUB file
- If you haven’t already, open your Finale document.
- Choose File > Export > EPUB. The Save EPUB dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the document, name the file, and click Save. Finale creates the EPUB file.