You are here: Encyclopedia > S > Slurs > Defining Slur Placement settings for note-attached slurs
- Click the Smart Shape tool . The Smart Shape
- Choose Smart Shape > Smart Shape
Placement. The Smart Shape Placement dialog box appears.
- Choose Smart Shape type > Slur.
- Select a slur from the list box. The
slur appears in the Active display area.
- Drag the slur end point vertically and horizontally
until the slur attaches to the notes the way you want it to attach to
similar types of notes in the score. Instead of using the mouse,
you can enter values into the text boxes using the measurement unit you’ve
- Drag the other end-point of the slur to adjust
- Click Reset at any time to return the slur
to Finale’s built-in settings.
- Click OK (or press ENTER)
when you’re ready to save the new settings. Or click Cancel to
discard any changes you made to the settings.
Note. All slurs of
this type that you create from now on (in this document) will use the
Slur Placement settings. The settings also apply to slur end points that
haven’t been manually adjusted in all similar existing slurs.