Transpose Percussion Note Types dialog box
How to get there
- Select a region of measures in a percussion staff.
- Choose Utilities > Transpose Percussion Notes.
What it does
Use this dialog box to assign orphan (orange) percussion notes to a percussion layout.
- [Note in Selected Region • Change to Note Type]. The left column lists all percussion notes in the selected region. Notes entered in the selected region without an associated Note Type are listed as MIDI values instead. The right column lists the Note Type that will be used upon clicking OK.
- Change Selected Note To. From this drop-down menu, select the new Note Type for the selected percussion instrument or MIDI note number. If necessary, the Note Type will be added to the currently assigned to the staff in the Percussion Layout Selection dialog box. The notehead and staff position can be edited in the Percussion Layout Designer dialog box. The MIDI note can be referenced either by choosing View > Show > Percussion MIDI Values, or in the Percussion MIDI Map Editor dialog box.
- Preserve Original Notes. Check this box to leave the original note(s) intact and also introduce the updated percussion note(s) assigned to their chosen note type.
• Cancel. Click OK to confirm the changes you’ve made, applying the selected Note Type(s). Click Cancel
to return to the score without making any changes.