You are here: Encyclopedia > E > Enharmonics > Changing a chord’s enharmonic spelling (Speedy Entry)

To change a chord’s enharmonic spelling

  1. Click the Speedy Entry tool image\Speedy_Entry_Tool.gif, and click the measure in question. The editing frame appears.
  2. Press the right arrow key until the cursor is positioned on the chord you want to change. Press the up and DOWN ARROW keys until the crossbar is not on a notehead. You can also click the chord with the mouse.
  3. Press the 9 key several times. Each time you press 9, Finale cycles to the next possible enharmonic spelling of the chord. If the chord contains several notes with accidentals, there could be many different possibilities.



User Manual Home