an elision slur between lyrics
- Click the Lyrics tool . The Lyrics menu
- From the Lyrics menu, choose Lyrics window. The
Edit Text window appears. Type the lyrics in the usual way, up to the
- Type the first syllable. Without adding
a space, type a capital I, then the second syllable.
- Drag to select the I. From the Text menu, choose
Font. Choose EngraverFontSet then click OK., choose Set Font, then choose
EngraverFontSet. Complete the remaining lyrics.
- Click OK. When you enter these lyrics
using the CONTROL-click
Assignment method (see Lyrics),
Finale distributes the syllables you just created to the corresponding
notes of the melody, but treats the elision as a single syllable. A slur
will appear between the two syllables.