There is a special text insert designed specifically
for use as the part name in linked parts. This text insert already exists
in most new files, however, if you are opening a file created in Finale
2006 or earlier you may need to add them manually.
- If you haven’t added parts to your score, do
so now. See To
create linked parts. See that parts are named as desired in
the Manage Parts
dialog box (where the part names are derived from).
- Choose Document > Edit Part and
choose any part.
- Click the Text tool .
- Double-click where you would like to add the
part name. An empty text block appears with a blinking cursor.
- Choose Text > Inserts > Part/Score
Name. The part name appears on all parts as well as the score.
To edit the font, size, or style of the part name click a part name handle,
choose Text > Edit Text, make the desired changes and click
OK. Changes apply to the part name in all parts. Now, you may want to
hide the part name on the score.
- If you’d like to hide the part name insert
on the score, choose Document > Edit Score.
- CONTROL+click the part name (“Score” by default) and
choose show to uncheck it. “Score” (or whatever this insert is
named in the File Info tab of the Score Manager) fades a bit indicating it is hidden
and will not appear in the printout.