How to get there
- Click the Expression tool , and double-click a measure or existing expression in the score to open the Expression Selection dialog box. (This dialog box also appears
when you’re programming an expression Metatool: While pressing shift,
press a letter or number key.)
- Choose a category other than tempo marks, tempo alterations, and rehearsal marks.
- Click the pop-up menu next to the Assign button and choose Assign to Staves. Or, CONTROL_click an expression in the score and choose Assign to Staves.
Note. Tempo marks, tempo alterations, and rehearsal marks are displayed on specific staves using Score Lists. See Category Designer dialog box.
What it does
The Assign to Staff dialog box allows you to define assignment lists, which are used to specify the staves to which an expression will be assigned. Once defined, an assignment list appears under the Assign pop-up menu of the Expression Selection dialog box. Assignment lists are only used for expressions that apply to a single staff (e.g. dynamics), and any expression added in this manner is subsequently independent, as if it were added individually.
Assignment lists are a document setting, and saved with each individual document.
Note. Only expressions assigned to a Score List include a .
- Name • [New Assignment List text box]. From this pop-up menu, choose the desired assignment list. To add a new list, enter a name in the lower text box and click the Add button to add it to the list.
- [Staves list]. This list displays each staff in the score. Check a box to specify you want to add the expression to that staff.
• Remove. Click Add to introduce the current settings and list name to the assignment list. Click Remove to delete the selected assignment list.
• Cancel. Click Cancel to return to the Expression Selection
dialog box without making changes. Click OK to confirm your selection and add the expression to specified staves in the score.