How to get there
The Help menu is one of Finale’s unchanging menus; that is, it appears regardless of which tool is selected.
What it does
The Help menu lets you view several types of online help.
- User Manual. Choose this command to view the currently displayed Finale User Manual.
- Quick Reference Guide. Choose this command to open the PDF version of the Quick Reference GuideThe Quick Reference Guide is a helpful resource to learn how to accomplish basic tasks and reference keyboard shortcuts within Finale. You can access this guide from the Help menu. that is installed with Finale. See Finale Installation Details.
- Finale Tutorials. Choose this command to open the Finale Installation and Tutorials guide in your Internet browser.
- QuickStart Videos. Choose this command to open the Finale QuickStart Videos, which show you basic functionality in Finale, in your Internet browser. The videos are narrated and explain how to access tools and menus throughout the program.
- Shortcuts & Character Maps. Use this submenu to launch your browser and view the Keyboard Shortcuts for various tools and menus or Character Sets for all of Finale's included fonts. See Shortcuts & Character Maps submenu.
- Finale Website. Choose this command to go to the Finale website (www.finalemusic.com) for information about Finale and other products made by MakeMusic.
- Authorize Finale • Deauthorize Finale. Choose this command to authorize or deauthorize your version of Finale. Registered users of current versions of Finale have access to Technical Support and notification of future updates and upgrades. See Launching and authorizing Finale.
- Check for Update. Choose this command to check for maintenance updates manually.
- Automatically Check for Updates. Choose this command to check for maintenance updates regularly. These updates include incremental feature additions and solutions to defects. If an update is available, you will be notified the next time you launch Finale.
- About Finale. Choose this command to display the About Finale dialog box, which shows the version of Finale you are using, serial number, and Computer ID along with a way to contact Customer Support. The Computer ID is a code specific to each authorized computer and can help you identify machines when managing authorizations through the MakeMusic website.