Noteman says: See Show submenu for options within the ShapeDesigner menu.
Using the View menu's Show submenu, you can display or hide any of these helpful, non-printing alignment aids.
- Hidden Notes and Rests. Choose this command to display notes and rests hidden with Simple or Speedy Entry’s Show/Hide Entry command or hidden with the alternate notation style Blank Notation. When this item is checked, hidden notes display in a lighter shade on the screen, with a different hue for each
layerAn independent overlay of music in the same measure. Each Finale document consists of four transparent layers, each of which can contain its own rhythmically independent inner voice. Only one layer can be active (frontmost) at a time, however; the layer selection pop-up menu appears in the lower left corner of your Finale window, indicating which layer is active. Note that each layer may also contain 2 independent voices.layer corresponding to each layer’s display color, like gray. See Preferences - Display Colors.
- Percussion MIDI Values. Choose this command to display a MIDI value for each percussion note. See Using Percussion MIDI Maps.
- Rulers. Choose this command to display non-printing rulers at the top and left side of the screen in Page View. As you drag an object, you can see thin dotted indicator lines that show you where the cursor is, making it easy for you to align and position various objects precisely on the screen. You can select different units of measurement for the ruler by using
Finale> Measurement Units.
- Margins. Choose this command to display page and system margins in light gray in Page View. In addition to the page and system margins, Finale shows vertical lines on the page that indicate the center of the page and the center point between the page margins. See Margins.
- Page Layout Icons. Choose this command to display non-printing icons for systems which have been lockedA lock symbol indicates that the measures in the system are fixed and will not be affected by commands like Update Layout. The lock symbol does not appear when a document is printed. or where Page Breaks have been applied with the Page Layout tool . The systems are locked when you use the Fit Measures command in the Utilities menu; when you move measures from one system to another using the arrow keys; and when you use
COMMAND+L and COMMAND+SHIFT+L commands to Lock and Unlock selected systems. Finale also displays this icon to identify measures designated to begin a new staff system as defined in the Measure Attributes dialog box.
- Measure Number Bar. Choose this command to display the Measure Number Bar in both Scroll and Studio View.
- Message Bar. Choose this command to display the thin strip at the bottom of your document window next to the Page Controls, where Finale shows help messages and identifies each tool as you click it.