How to get there
Choose the Measure tool . The Measure menu appears.
What it does
This menu includes options for working with measure numbers, measure number regions, and measure spacing. For information regarding adding, moving, copying, inserting, or deleting measures, see Edit menu.
- Edit Measure Number Regions. Choose this menu item to display the Measure Number dialog box, where you can alter how measure numbers appear throughout the document. A measure can have more than one region assigned. This allows for different series of numbers to appear.
- Add Measure Number Enclosures. Choose this menu item to display the Enclosure Designer dialog box, where you can add a shape around the selected measure numbers.
- Show Measure Numbers. Choose this menu item to force measure numbers to appear in the selected measures. If numbers do not appear after choosing this item, choose Edit Measure Number Regions and confirm that the selected measures are within a region.
- Hide Measure Numbers. Choose this menu item to force measure numbers to disappear when their handlesA small square which appears on currently "selectable" elements in the score. Handles allow you to select, edit and adjust musical elements in the score. have been selected.
- Restore Measure Number Defaults. Choose this menu item to return the measure numbers in the selected measures to settings in the Measure Number dialog box.
- Show Measure Spacing Handles. Choose this option to display the measure spacing handles on each measure. With these two handles (on the bottom staff line) you can control the space between the left barline and the first note in the measure and the space between the last note in the measure and the right barline. These values are represented in the Measure Attributes dialog box under Extra Space at Beginning and Extra Space at End.