How to get there
The Help menu is one of Finale’s unchanging menus; that is, it appears regardless of which tool is selected.
What it does
The Help menu lets you view several types of online help.
- User Manual. Choose this command to view the currently displayed Finale User Manual.
- Quick Reference Guide. Choose this command to open the PDF version of the Quick Reference GuideThe Quick Reference Guide is a helpful resource to learn how to accomplish basic tasks and reference keyboard shortcuts within Finale. You can access this guide from the Help menu. that is installed with Finale. See Finale Installation Details.
- Finale Tutorials. Choose this command to open the Finale Installation and Tutorials guide in your Internet browser.
- QuickStart Videos. Choose this command to open the Finale QuickStart Videos, which show you basic functionality in Finale, in your Internet browser. The videos are narrated and explain how to access tools and menus throughout the program.
- Keyboard Shortcuts. Choose this command to launch your browser and view Finale's Keyboard Shortcuts for various tools and menus.
- Character Sets. Choose this command to launch your browser and Character Sets for all of Finale's included fonts.
- Finale Website. Choose this command to go to the Finale website (www.finalemusic.com) for information about Finale and other products made by MakeMusic.
- Authorize Finale • Deauthorize Finale. Choose this command to authorize or deauthorize your version of Finale. Registered users of current versions of Finale have access to Technical Support and notification of future updates and upgrades. See Launching and authorizing Finale.