How to get there
Choose Utilities > SmartMusic Markers.
What it does
Noteman says: These options are shortcuts for adding SmartMusic markers manually to your score with Expressions. See To add SmartMusic performance markers as expressions.
Use this dialog box to add SmartMusic Performance Markers to your music while creating a SmartMusic Accompaniment file. These markers control how classic SmartMusic responds to performance characteristics such as pauses (fermatas, tenutos), tempo changes, repeated sections, and Intelligent Accompaniment (Follow Me) level. See Creating classic SmartMusic® files.
- [Marker List]. Use this list to select a SmartMusic Marker type and click Add to add a marker of that type to the document.
- Auto-update All.
- [Marker window]. SmartMusic markers that have been added to the document are listed in the window with location information. If changes need to be made to a marker, select it and click Edit.
- Add. Choose a marker type and click Add to add a marker of that type to your document. The corresponding dialog box is displayed, allowing you to control the location and attributes for that marker.
- Edit. Choose an existing marker and click Edit to change the location or settings for that marker.
- Delete. Choose an existing marker and click Delete to remove it.
- Navigate. Choose an existing marker and click Navigate to move to its location in the score.
- Intelligent Accompaniment Slider • Large Breath • Small Breath • Up• Down • On • Off • Set. These options are available depending on the type of marker that is selected. Click the Set button to lock the selected marker to the level or setting indicated on the slider.
Move the slider to the right to increase the Intelligent Accompaniment level, or to the left to decrease the Intelligent Accompaniment level. 0 = No Intelligent Accompaniment (soloist follows accompaniment entirely), 10 = full intelligent accompaniment (accompaniment follows soloist completely). The default SmartMusic setting for Classical repertoire, for example, is 2; Romantic repertoire, 5.
Done •OK. Click OK (or press RETURN) to confirm, or Cancel to discard, the changes you’ve made and add the markers you have created to your document. They appear as hidden expressions.