How to get there
Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
What it does
Spotlight is a system-wide desktop search feature of the Mac OS X operating system introduced in version 10.4. The Finale Spotlight plug-in supports the following standard Spotlight attributes:
Noteman says: If you are having trouble seeing the Key Signature, Content Creator, Duration, or Tempo, open and save the file in the latest version of Finale. If you are having trouble seeing any results, see How to rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac.
- Content Creator. This is the Finale version.
- Composer. This is the composer entered in the File Info tab of the ScoreManager.
- Copyright. This is the copyright entered in the File Info tab of the ScoreManager.
- Description. This is the description entered in the File Info tab of the ScoreManager.
- Duration. This is the duration, in seconds, of the file. Entering 10.5 represents media whose content is 10 and 1/2 seconds long.
- Fonts. This is a list of font names used in the file.
- Key Signature. This is the key signature of the first measure in the file. Currently only standard key signatures are supported. For example: C, Dm, F#m, Bb.
- Lyricist. This is the lyricist entered in the File Info tab of the ScoreManager.
- Page Height. This is the height of the first page of the document in points (72 points per inch).
- Page Width. This is the width of the first page of the document in points (72 points per inch).
- Pages. This is the number of pages in the document. Note: this attribute is not searchable, but appears in the Get Info window.
- Tempo. This is the tempo listed in the playback controls.
- Title. This is the title entered in the File Info tab of the ScoreManager.
- Time Signature. This is the time signature of the first measure in the file, for example: "4/4", "7/8".
Support for the following Finale-specific attributes
- Arranger. This is the arranger entered in the File Info tab of the ScoreManager.
- Default Music Font. This is the Default Music Font of the Finale file.
- Instruments. These are the instruments in the Finale file.
- Parts. These are the linked parts in the Finale file.
- Solo Staff. This is the solo staff listed in the Export SmartMusic Accompaniment - Select Solo Staff dialog Box.
- Staves. This is a list of the full staff names in the document.
- Subtitle. This is the subtitle entered in the File Info tab of the ScoreManager.
To use Spotlight with Finale
- Go to the Finder and press COMMAND+F to start a new search.
- Use the Search field to perform a general search of the file info.
- Use the Finder popup menus to add filters and narrow down the search results.
- Additional information is available by selecting a file and pressing COMMAND+I. The Get Info dialog box appears.
Click the More Info triangle to reveal all the file's attributes found by the Finale Spotlight Plug-in. Click the Preview triangle to display an image of the score.