How to get there
Choose Plug-ins > Scoring and Arranging > Score System Divider.
What it does
Automatically inserts or removes system separation marks between staff systems on the same page in a completed score as shown below. This plug-in should be run after the score layout has been finalized. Also, lock systems (see Utilities/Lock Systems) to ensure measures are not redistributed among the pages. The system separation marks are added as page attached text blocks. The symbol used is character 187 in Finale’s EngraverFontSet font.
Noteman says: Make sure that your score is fully updated before running this plug-in. Otherwise, you may experience undesirable placement of the divider symbols. After running this plug-in, if you are not satisfied with the results, choose Edit > Undo to remove them.
- Page Range: All • Current • Selected. Here, select the pages to which you would like to add system separation marks. Choose All for all pages, Current for the page currently visible in the Finale window or Selected to specify a page range using the
- Vertical: Between last/first staff lines • Between staff system boundaries • Adjustment. These settings control the vertical placement of system separation marks. Choose Between last/first staff lines to instruct Finale to add system separation marks at the midpoint between the bottom staff line in one system and the top staff line in the next. Choose Between staff system boundaries to add system separation marks at the midpoint between the bottom system margin of one system and the top system margin of the next (as displayed when the Page Layout tool is selected). To offset the system separation marks from this placement setting vertically specify a positive or negative value in the Adjustment field to move the marks up or down respectively. The units of measurement are whatever you’ve selected using
Finale> Measurement Units.
- Horizontal: Left Side • Right Side • Adjustment. These settings control the appearance and horizontal placement of system separation marks. Check Left side to include separation marks on the left side of the page. Check Right side to include separation marks on the right side of the page. Specify a positive or negative value in the Adjustment field beneath these options to move the marks left or right respectively. The units of measurement are whatever you’ve selected using
Finale> Measurement Units.
- Font size. Choose an option from this menu to specify the font size for the system separation marks.
- Remove. Click remove to delete system separation marks you have added with this plug-in. Note that you will not be able to automatically remove system separation marks that have been edited manually. Therefore it is recommended that you do not edit the system separation marks added with this plug-in manually. Remember, if you have just run this plug-in, and are not satisfied with the results, you can choose Edit > Undo (or press
COMMAND+Z) to remove them.
- OK • Cancel • Info. Click OK to add system separation marks. Click Cancel to dismiss the dialog box without making any changes. Click Info for more information regarding the JW collection of plug-ins.