How to get there
- Choose the Selection tool and select the region of the document containing notes you want to resize.
- Choose Plug-ins > Note, Beam, and Rest Editing > Resize Noteheads.
What it does
This plug-in can resize specified voices of a multi-voice staff. This plug-in works for all visible layers.
- Standard Noteheads • All Special Noteheads • One Custom Notehead • Select. Choose Standard noteheads to resize only standard noteheads (and ). Choose All Special Noteheads to resize all noteheads changed with the Note Shape Special Tool (See Note Shapes). Choose One Custom Notehead and click Select to open the Symbol Selection dialog box where you can choose the notehead character you would like to resize (in the default music font specified under the Document menu).
- Resize Noteheads: From Top of Chord • From Bottom of Chord. Here, specify the direction Finale should count each stack of notes.
- Enter the numbers of the noteheads to be resized, separated by commas or hyphens. Here, specify the noteheads to be resized. Your entries here depend on the setting above. For example, if the From Top of Chord option is selected and you type “1,2” here, the top two notes in all chords of the selected region will resize.
- Resize Noteheads to ___%. This text box specifies how much you want to resize the specified noteheads expressed as a percentage of the original full size.
- OK • Cancel. Click OK (or press
RETURN) to proceed with, or Cancel to abort, the notehead resize.
Noteman says: Alternative noteheads resulting from a Staff Style are not recognized by the Resize Noteheads Plug-in.