How to get there
- Choose the Special Tools tool and click a measure containing notes.
- Click the Note Shape Tool. Handles appear on each notehead.
/CONTROL-click the handle on the notehead and choose Edit.
What it does
The Notehead Settings dialog box allows you to specify the horizontal and vertical positioning of a notehead, relative to the default position; change the size of the notehead; and choose an alternate character or font for the notehead, and choose Edit.
- Positioning: Horizontal • Vertical • Allow Vertical Positioning. Enter the precise amount to offset the notehead. Positive numbers will move the notehead to the right; negative numbers will move the notehead to the left. This dialog box will use the units specified under
Finale> Measurement Units. Check the Allow Vertical Positioning box to access the Vertical text box.
- Size: Resize To __ %. This text box specifies how much you want to resize the notehead, expressed as a percentage of the original full size.
- Font: Use Default Accidental Font • Set Font • [Font]. Check this box to use the default font in the Select Default Fonts dialog box for noteheads. To select a different font, click Set Font. Underneath the Set Font button, Finale displays the currently selected font for noteheads.
- Alternate Character: Select. Click Select to display the Symbol Selection dialog box, where you can select a font character to replace the selected notehead.
- OK • Cancel. Click OK to return to the score, where you’ll see the effects of your notehead changes. The handle you clicked remains selected to remind you that you’ve modified it. Click Cancel to return to the score without changing any noteheads.