How to get there
- Choose the Simple Entry tool . The Simple menu appears.
- Choose Simple > Simple Entry Options. The Simple Entry Options dialog box appears.
- Click Edit Keyboard Shortcuts.
What it does
Noteman says: When you install a new version of Finale on your computer, customized shortcut tables are not copied from the previous version. To migrate these settings, see To migrate settings and support files from one version of Finale to another.
In this dialog box, you can edit the keystroke commands used for note entry and editing in Simple Entry.
- Mode: Simple Entry • Simple Entry Tablature. From this
pop-upmenu, choose Simple Entry to define keyboard shortcuts for use while entering into a standard staff. Choose Simple Entry Tablature to define keyboard shortcuts for use while entering into a tablature staff.
- Add. Click Add to open the Define Keyboard Shortcut dialog box where you can create a new keystroke association for any Simple Entry command. See Define Keyboard Shortcut dialog box.
- Edit. Click Edit to open the Define Keyboard Shortcut dialog box where you can change the currently highlighted command.
- Delete. Click Delete to remove the currently highlighted command.
Select: Default Shortcut Table • Laptop Shortcut Table. From the Select pop-upmenu, choose the keyboard shortcut set you want to use. Any new sets you have created or duplicated are available in this list. The Default Shortcut Table and Laptop Shortcut Table are the available presets. See To use the keypad commands optimized for an extended keyboard and To use the key commands optimized for a laptop computer.
- Name. Use this text field to edit the name of the selected keyboard shortcut set.
- New Set. Click New Set to create a new collection of keyboard shortcuts. New sets created appear under the
- Delete Set. Click Delete Set to delete the keyboard shortcut set currently selected under the
Select pop-upmenu. The Default Shortcut Table set, which supplies Finale’s default shortcuts, cannot be deleted.
- Duplicate Set. Click Duplicate Set to duplicate the keyboard shortcut set currently selected under the
- Reset to Defaults. Click Reset to Defaults to reset the currently selected keyboard shortcut set under the
Select pop-upmenu to the Default Shortcut Table.
- OK • Cancel. Click OK (or press enter) to confirm, or Cancel to discard, the keyboard shortcuts you’ve added, edited, or deleted.
WARNING! If the Laptop Shortcut Table is selected in the