How to get there
- Choose the Special Tools tool .
- Click the Dot Tool and double-click the handleA small square which appears on currently "selectable" elements in the score. Handles allow you to select, edit and adjust musical elements in the score. of the note or rest whose dot you want to move.
What it does
In this dialog box, you can precisely adjust the position of the dot on a dotted note or rest. (You can also globally adjust the horizontal position of dots in your document by adjusting the Dot Spacing variable in the Augmentation Dot dialog box reached from the Document Options dialog box). See Document Options - Augmentation Dots.)
- H Offset. The number in this text box specifies the horizontal position of the dot relative to its default position. To move a dot to the right, for example, enter a positive number.
- V Offset. The number in this text box specifies the vertical position of the dot relative to its default position. To move a dot downward, enter a negative number; to move it upward, a positive number.
- Inter-Dot Spacing. The number in this text box sets the distance between the dots of a note or rest that has more than one dot. The default value is 2 points.
- OK • Reset • Cancel. Click OK to confirm, Reset to restore the dot offsets for the dot you clicked to their default values, or Cancel to discard, any changes you’ve made to the status of the dot you clicked. You return to the score.