- Click the Expression tool .
- Double-click on, above, or below the note or
measure to which you want to attach the marking. The Expression
Selection dialog box appears.
- Click the Dynamics category on the left. Finale displays the dynamic expressions in the preview window. Note the number or letter to the upper right of each expression. This is the expression's Metatool assignment. You can hold down this keystroke and click the score to instantly add this expression. To change the Metatool assignment, select the expression, hold down SHIFT, and type the desired Metatool key.
- Double-click the desired dynamic marking. Finale adds the marking to the score based on the positioning settings for dynamics specified in the Category Designer dialog box.
- To enter a dynamic without entering the Expression Selection dialog box, hold down the Metatool key and click the score. Remember, you can easily reference Metatools in the Expression Selection dialog box.
- Hold down a Metatool key, click and drag over multiple staves to add the expression multiple times.
See also Auto-Dynamic