Expression/Favor Attachment to Active Layer
Expressions can be assigned to any . Choose this command to tell Finale to assign expressions to the active layer when more than one layer exists in the measure. If notes exist in the active layer in the measure the expression is added, Finale will assign the expression to that layer.
A number of additional conditions apply when this command is selected:
- If only one layer exists in the measure, the expression is automatically assigned to that layer.
- If there are no notes in the measure, the expression is assigned to "All Layers".
- If there are multiple layers in the measure, but the active layer is not one of them, the expression is attached to "All Layers."
- If there are multiple layers in the measure, and this command is unchecked, the expression is assigned to "All Layers."
- Expressions attached to a barline are assigned to "All Layers."