To create a PDF document from a Finale file
There’s more than one way to create a PDF,
but this method will give you more control over the results. See your
Adobe Acrobat manual for full details.
- Open the file in Finale.
- From the File menu, choose Print. The
Print dialog box appears.
- Click on Setup. The Print Setup dialog
- From the Printer Name drop-down menu, choose
"Acrobat Distiller" or "Acrobat PDF" (or whatever Adobe PDF print driver is installed on your computer). Keep in mind, you’ll need to switch the printer
back to your regular printer when you’re done creating PDFs.
- Click OK. If your document has parts, select which ones you would like to print using the score/parts check boxes in the upper left. Adjust any other print settings (see Printing).
- Click OK. Finale begins printing using the Acrobat Distiller.
If Distiller is running in the background (you’ll see it at the bottom
of your screen in the Taskbar), it will immediately launch the Acrobat
Distiller. Once the Distiller has launched, it will display a Save PDF File As
- Give the file a name (you may wish to save
it to the Desktop for convenience) and click Save. The Acrobat
Distiller creates a PDF of your file. Depending on your Distiller Assistant
settings, it may open your newly created PDF file for viewing.